The Isaac Sumney House, circa 1800,is built in two sections with a connecting dogtrot, now enclosed. Sumney was an early manufacturer of earthenware pottery who may have used the section at left, now a garage, as a workshop. Records for 1830 show that Sumney employed three helpers in his business. A descendant, David Sumney, still operated a pottery at the same location in the late 1860s.
Location: LR62061 one mile north of LR62032, Nottingham Township.