McMillan's log school is the only surviving log educational building in Washington County. It was built circa 1780 by the pioneer clergyman and educator Dr. John McMillan on his farm near Canonsburg. The school was combined in 1791 with the Canonsburg Academy, a forerunner of Washington and Jefferson College. The log building was moved to Canonsburg in 1895 and placed on a high stone foundation which makes the door inaccessible.
Location: East College Street near North Central Avenue, Canonsburg