George's grandfather, David Reed, bought 200 acres in Mt. Pleasant Township in the early 1800s that lie west of Southview. By 1815 it was owned by his son, John, and some time before 1911 George, in photo, became the owner. The Kukanski family last lived there.
Photo from the collection of Robert B. Brown of Brown's Apple Orchard, McDonald, Cecil Township.