Stream Short Creek
Truss Type Queenpost
Length 36 ft., 6 in.
Width 12 ft.
Typical of Washington County covered bridges, the Day Bridge is covered with vertical plank siding on both the sides and portals and has a sheet metal gable roof. It also has a plain, box-like appearance that is painted barn red inside and out. The Day also has a deck of crosswise planking and two rectangular windows on each side as well as the typical eave openings. This bridge of queenpost truss design rests on stone-and-mortar abutments reinforced with concrete and one abutment that appears to be all concrete. It has wingwalls on both ends, three of which are stone-and-mortar and the fourth concrete.
The Day is thought to have been built between 1875 and 1880. This is supported by the notes of Earle R. Forrest who spoke with Miller Blatchley who was 85 years old at the time and as a small boy lived in the area where the bridge is located. The fact that Mr. Blatchley did not recall the bridge being there at that time seems to support the estimated date of the construction of the bridge. This bridge is still open to vehicular traffic.