Stream Middle Wheeling Creek
Truss Type Queenpost
Length 31 ft., 6 in.
Width 15 ft.
This Queenpost truss designed bridge has outlived the record of its origins with the exception of its date of construction in 1882. It is located along a remote gravel township road in a quiet secluded valley. Typical to the design of other Washington County bridges with the vertical plank siding on both sides and portals, tin-covered gable roof, painted barn red inside and out and a deck of crosswise vertical planking, it has two windows on each side together with narrow openings under the eaves. The Mays rests on stone-and-mortar abutments that extend into wingwalls. It has additional timber trestles that rest in the streambed and support the deck. The bridge is believed to be named for J. Blaney, who at one time, owned land to the east of the bridge.
It is interesting to note that as late as 1952, much of the bridge's original pine siding remained fully intact. Even after repairs were made to the bridge in the early 1900s, more than 100 years after its 1882 construction, most of the original pine siding remains on the structure.